martes, 10 de julio de 2007

"Soy mi peor enemigo"


Off he goes - Pearl Jam (Letra: Eddie Vedder / Musica: Pearl Jam)


Know a man, his face seems pulled and tense... like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds.
So I approach with tact,
suggest that he should relax,
but he's always moving much too fast.
Said he'll see me on the flipside
on this trip he's taken for a ride...

He's been taking too much on,
there he goes with his perfectly unkept clothes...
There he goes...

He's yet to come back,
but I've seen his picture:
it doesn't look the same up on the rack.
We go way back...
I wonder about his insides,
its like his thoughts are too big for his size.

He's been taken... where, I don't know?
Off he goes with his perfectly unkept hope...
And there he goes...

And now I rub my eyes, for he has returned...
Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...
For he still smiles...
and he's still strong
nothing's changed, but the surrounding bullshit that has grown.
And now he's home,
and we're laughing like we always did...
My same old, same old friend...
Until a quarter-to-ten
I saw the strain creep in,
he seems distracted... and I know just what is gonna happen next:
Before his first step...
he's off again...

2 comentarios:

Sol dijo...

Te acordas de la lista de 5 o 6 canciones de pearl?
Elegidas al azar y adivinadas!
O guitarra de por medio y singing a capella...

Todavia me acuerdo de:
Smile, Insignificance o era indifference?, una de las ultimas era dissident, In hiding...
te acordas de alguna mas!?
estabas tirado en el sillon, con los ojos cerrados, adivinandolas y sonriendo!

J dijo...

Creo que esas eran todas, o me parece que tambien faltaba Present Tense.
Todavia no puedo entender ni explicar como adiviné esas 5 canciones... ja! Shivering...